We work with 25+ philanthropy partners who are located throughout the Kansas City Metro area. Each year our Members invest approximately 10,000 hours of their time in the community. Our activities vary from year-to-year based on the needs of our philanthropy partners. Here are a few examples of how we support our community:
– serving lunch at Hope Faith Ministries as well as assisting customers in their clothing closet
– introducing girls in the community to a variety of sports and fitness activities over four days during the summer at CAMP WIN
– celebrate the beginning of school with Amethyst Place families at their back-to-school ice cream social
– helping women at Rose Brooks pick out clothing when they’ve arrived at the domestic violence shelter the night before with just the clothes on their backs
– playing tag with Operation Breakthrough kids during recess in the summer
– folding freshly washed towels for dogs and cats at Wayside Waifs
– packing diapers for Happy Bottoms, a local diaper bank, to be distributed to families in need across the metro area
– playing volleyball, basketball, tennis, and sharing a laugh with special needs children through Special Olympics
– preparing meals and snacks to comfort the families at KC Hospice and Ronald McDonald House
– helping with various activities at Village Shalom and Reconciliation Services.
We also help at local events such as the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Brain Injury Association – Amy Thompson Run to Daylight, and the WIN for KC Triathlon.